The cybersecurity workforce is one of the most critical employment sectors in the country, and Jones & Bartlett Learning is committed to improving this workforce’s training and development. The nation’s cybersecurity is threatened by a wide array of hostile actors who seek to sabotage the U.S. information technology infrastructure—and thus our ability to compete in the global economy. No one is safe from this threat—not government, not private organizations, not individuals. For years it has been clear that the nation lacks an adequately trained and skilled workforce with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to meet the demand for cybersecurity workers. Establishing a more secure cyberspace requires improvement in many areas, among them developing a cybersecurity workforce that can get the job done.
Several government agencies have made overlapping efforts to develop standard guidance on the skills required for this evolving profession. Jones & Bartlett Learning has tackled head-on the challenge that training and education providers face in mapping cybersecurity training to multiple sets of federal government guidelines, as well as the professional certifications offered by non-profit trade associations, including:
- National Centers of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense (CAE-CD) Knowledge Units
- National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE) National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework
- Cybersecurity Education Curriculum (CSEC 2017)
- CompTIA Security+
- Certified Ethical Hacker
To better serve our customers and promote the strengthening of computer security, Jones & Bartlett Learning conducts a regular analysis of federal government cybersecurity guidance documents and professional certification exam objectives whenever we revise our cybersecurity education products. The resulting mapping guides identify the cybersecurity skills to which our curriculum uniquely maps and provide customers with the following added value:
- To help our customer base of academic institutions meet government training and development standards
- To demonstrate what students will have studied after completing a course
- To help students understand which cybersecurity skills employers are seeking
- To identify gaps in training the cybersecurity workforce, as well as trends requiring updating or supplementing of our courseware on a continuing basis
To access our mapping guides, please contact your Jones & Bartlett Learning Account Manager.