Effective June 1, 2020, here are the policies for returning purchases from Jones & Bartlett Learning.
Your satisfaction is important to us. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, you may return it within 30 days of purchase for a full refund (excluding original shipping charges). Returns must be accompanied by a copy of the original packing list or an invoice and received by Jones & Bartlett Learning (JBL) in resalable condition. Please see policy below on items ineligible for return and credit.
Retailers may return any purchases made within one year of the invoice date. Returns must be accompanied by a copy of the original packing list or an invoice and received by Jones & Bartlett Learning (JBL) in resalable condition. A credit memo will be issued for the original purchase price, excluding shipping and handling charges. Please see policy below on items ineligible for return and credit.
Wholesalers, in the United States, may return any purchases made within 15 months of the original purchase date. Returns must be accompanied by a copy of the original packing list or an invoice and received by Jones & Bartlett Learning (JBL) in resalable condition. A credit memo will be issued for the original purchase price, excluding shipping and handling charges. Please see policy below on items ineligible for return and credit.
All returns sold to customers outside of the United States are subject to return authorization. Please contact [email protected] with your return request.
Titles Ineligible for Return and Credit
- Items not directly purchased from JBL
- Items purchased as part of a non-returnable sale
- Any return not accompanied by invoice information indicating the invoice number
- Items with noticeable signs of use that are not in their original condition, are damaged, or are missing components. Must be in resalable new condition.
- Returns with obvious signs of damage in packaging will be rejected by JBL and remain with the carrier.
- Complimentary instructor review and desk copies
- Prepackaged items (i.e., bundles that have been shrink-wrapped) that are opened.
- Custom products, including PUBLISH products, require prior authorization and returns are at the discretion of Jones & Bartlett Learning.
- Used books
- Any exported copies and/or international editions that are not sold by Jones & Bartlett Learning in the US.
Defective or Damaged Items
If you receive an item that is defective or damaged, please contact our customer service department at 1-800-832-0034 ext. 8197, within 30 days of receipt, to arrange for a prepaid return shipping label. A copy of the original packing list or invoice should be included in the returns package in order to obtain credit. A new copy will be shipped to you at no additional charge.
If you receive an incorrect item, please contact our customer service department at 1-800-832-0034 ext. 8197 to arrange for a prepaid return shipping label. A copy of the original packing list or invoice should be included in the return package to obtain credit. The correct item will be shipped to you at no additional expense.
(For non-print products including JBL Online material and JBL eLearning Courseware)
JBL will credit customers for purchases of JBL Online Material and JBL eLearning Courseware made directly from a JBL eCommerce site, such as www.jblearning.com, provided the access has not been consumed or used. To receive a credit or return for a digital product, please contact our customer service department at 1-800-832-0034 ext. 8197.
Access is considered consumed when the following one of the 2 criteria are met:
- Customers "Agree" to the Terms & Conditions covering JBL Online Material and JBL eLearning Courseware at: www.jblearning.com/accesscode/license/; and
- Customers enter and “submit” an access code at: http://www.jblearning.com/usecode/.
- Access has been acquired through online purchase at jblearning.com for instance access.
- No refunds will be issued by JBL to customers who have purchased JBL Online Material and JBL eLearning Courseware through one of our Internet-based distributors.
- No refunds will be given to those who fail to check with their employers or organizations prior to registering for any course, only to find out at a later date that the course is not accepted by their employer or organization.
- Customers should note the JBL Online Material and JBL eLearning Courseware have a time-limit subscription length. Prior to redeeming an access code, customers should carefully review the course subscription length.
How to Return an Item
- Include a copy of the original packing list or invoice with your return. Packing list should be enclosed in the lead (first) carton and this carton shall be marked, indicating the packing list is enclosed. Shipments arriving via UPS, FedEx Ground, DHL, etc. must have the individual cartons consecutively marked as 1 of X, 2 of X, etc. Cartons must not exceed 40lb weight limit.
- Pack the items securely in a shipping carton that is weight appropriate.
- Do not pack books spine up or spine down.
- Use packing material to ensure that your return arrives at our warehouse in resale condition.
- Use a shipping service that provides tracking information (I.e., UPS or Federal Express). In the event that your return does not arrive at our warehouse, you will need to provide proof of delivery in order to receive credit.
- All items returned must be shipped to our warehouse. Returns sent to our corporate address in Burlington, Massachusetts will be refused and returned to sender.
Jones & Bartlett Learning
905 Carlow Drive, Unit B
Bolingbrook, IL 60490
- A credit memo is issued based on the original purchase price and quantity received.
- A credit memo will be mailed to your billing address.
- If you do not have a balance due and would like to request a refund for your credit memo, please see the instructions below.
- During the months of October through December and February through April, it may take up to 4 weeks for your return to be processed
How to Request a Refund
Refunds are issued to the payment method used at the time of purchase. No refunds will be issued on an account that has a balance due.
|Payment Method||Refund Method||How to request a Refund|
|Credit Card||Credit Card||Call our Accounts Receivable Department at 1-800-832-0034 ext 8877 or option 3 to request a refund and provide your credit card number.|
|Check||Check||Submit your refund request in writing by email at [email protected] or fax to 978-443-8000.|
|Pre-Paid Credit Card||Check||Submit your refund request in writing, notate that the original purchase was made with a visa/mc/amex pre-paid credit card and email to [email protected] or fax to 978-443-8000.|
If you have additional questions regarding your return, please contact Jones & Bartlett Learning at 1-800-832-0034 or contact your Sales Representative. Inquires or questions may be emailed to [email protected] or faxed to 978-443-8000, Attention: Accounts Receivable.