Customize your Text with SharedBook.
Part of The Art and Science of Photovoltaics Series
The solar energy industry is growing and so is the demand for skilled and certified photovoltaic professionals. The NABCEP Entry-Level PV Exam ensures and reinforces that the professional has attained the basic knowledge of the fundamental concepts of PV system design, installation, and operation. Review Guide for the NABCEP Entry-Level Exam provides students with the information they need to successfully pass the exam. The organization of the text parallels that of the major exam sections and includes the essential concepts and principles that are covered on the exam.
Review Guide for the NABCEP Entry-Level Exam is the stepping-stone resource for PV students to launch their career in the thriving photovoltaic industry.
Prepares readers to sit for the exam by providing the fundamental principles of PV system design, installation, and operation.
Contains a chapter dedicated to PV system safety basics.
Content is organized parallel to the major exam sections.
See detailed descriptions of the comprehensive instructor resources under the Key Features tab.
Instructor Resources are available for download from the Resources tab below.
About the Series:
The Photovoltaics (PV) industry stands on the brink of a revolution. The appeal of a new and growing industry has brought an influx of new PV professionals to the market, but the availability of educational resources has not kept pace with market demands. This gap has led to serious quality and performance issues that the industry will need to face in the decades ahead.
The Art and Science of Photovoltaics Series was developed to fill this education gap. Each book in the series goes beyond simple systematic processes by tackling performace challenges using a systems perspective. Readers do not learn PV design and installation steps in a vacuum; instead they gain the knowledge and expertise to understand interrelationships and discover new ways to improve their own systems and positively contribute to the industry.
*NABCEP™ is a trademark exclusively owned and controlled by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners, Inc. (NABCEP). NABCEP does not support, endorse, or have any type of affiliation with the author of this publication, and does not endorse or recommend this publication for any purpose, including preparation for NABCEP Certification Examinations.
Features & Benefits
- Lesson Plan - contains weekly topics and objectives, suggested readings, lecture outlines, in-class activities, assignments, and assessments. These lesson plans engage your students through hands on activities and classroom discussions. Each lesson plan also contains a summary of additional classroom resources such as supplemental texts, PowerPoints, and worksheets.
- Sample Syllabus - includes a basic classroom syllabus, which instructors can fully customize to fit specific course needs.
- PowerPoint Lecture Outlines - these are used to leverage learning by taking instructors step-by-step through each class, intergrading activities, assignments, and discussion questions along the way. The PowerPoints contain rich and informative pictures of PV components, designs, and installations. They also contain instructor notes and icebreakers.
- Test Bank - contains test banks for midterms and finals.
- Laboratory Competency Checklist - these checklists are a list of essential knowledge that students must obtain to pass given labs. Labs can be easily set up and administered using these checklists.
Chapter 1 Introduction to Photovoltaic System Entry Level Exam
Chapter 2 Safety Basics
Chapter 3 Electrical Basics
Chapter 4 Solar Energy Fundamentals
Chapter 5 PV Module Fundamentals
Chapter 6 System Components
Chapter 7 PV System Sizing Principles
Chapter 8 PV System Electrical Design
Chapter 9 PV System Mechanical Design
Chapter 10 Performance Analysis, Maintenance, and Troubleshooting
John R. Balfour, PhD
John Balfour, BS, MEP, Ph.D., LEED Accredited Professional
John Balfour is the founder of PerfectPower, Inc. Widely acknowledged as a premier leader in the solar industry, he has consulted with government agencies, the Photovoltaic Test Lab (PLT), residential and commercial developers, and numerous customers on product design, evaluation and performance under his alter ego The Energy Doctor ™.
Additional Titles by this Author
- ISBN-13: 9781449624736
- ISBN-13: 9781449624675
- ISBN-13: 9781449624712