Each new print copy of Cyberethics includes Navigate 2 Advantage Access that unlocks a complete eBook, Study Center, homework and Assessment Center, and a dashboard that reports actionable data.
Written for the undergraduate course, Cyberethics: Morality and Law in Cyberspace, Sixth Edition provides a modern, comprehensive examination of the social costs and moral issues emerging from the ever-expanding use of the internet and new information technologies, as well as internet governance and its control by the state. It highlights both the legal and philosophical perspective of content control, free speech, intellectual property, and security. The Sixth Edition includes interesting new case studies on social media, privacy, and the right to be forgotten, which encourages discussion and fosters critical thinking.
This text is packaged with a full suite of instructor resources including a Test Bank, Lecture Slides in PowerPoint format, sample syllabi and additional resources.
With Navigate 2, technology and content combine to expand the reach of your classroom. Whether you teach an online, hybrid, or traditional classroom-based course, Navigate 2 delivers unbeatable value. Experience Navigate 2 today at www.jblnavigate.com/2.
"The format of this book is simple and straightforward. The information is well-organized and thorough, without being overwhelming. The discussion questions are actually good ones, and the case study selections are intriguing."
- G. K. Cunningham, Duquesne University
Features & Benefits
New to the Sixth Edition:
- NEW! -Includes new case studies on modern issues such as the Privacy and the Right to be Forgotten, Monitoring Social Media, and Twitter, Free Speech, and Terrorism
- EXPANDED! -Provides in-depth discussion of net neutrality and internet governance
- NEW! - Considers the escalating encryption controversy involving the smartphone
- UPDATED! - Provides a comprehensive look at the privacy and free speech issues arising from the expanded use of social networking
- NEW! -Incorporates a new section on the challenge for intellectual property rights posed by digital books and eBooks
- Includes Navigate 2 Advantage Access, which includes a comprehensive and interactive eBook, student practice activities and assessments, learning analytics reporting tools, and more
Ideal for undergraduate computer ethics courses and courses covering internet-related ethical issues as well as general readers with interest in the topic.
Chapter 1 The Internet and Ethical Values
Chapter 2 Regulating and Governing the Internet
Chapter 3 Free Speech and Content Controls in Cyberspace
Chapter 4 Intellectual Property in Cyberspace
Chapter 5 Regulating Internet Privacy
Chapter 6 Securing the Electronic Frontier
Richard Spinello-Boston College, Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts
Richard Spinello, Carroll School of Management, Boston College
Richard Spinello is an Associate Research Professor in the Operations and Strategic Management department of Boston College. He received both his PhD and his M.A. from Fordham University. His most recent publication is Readings in CyberEthics, which he co-authored with Herman Tavani.
Additional Titles by this Author
- ISBN-13: 9781284081459
- ISBN-13: 9781449688417