Athletic Trainers, Earn 10 BOC Approved Evidence Based Practice (EBP) CEUs in One Online Course!
At the completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Identify these top reasons why athletes die suddenly in sport
- Describe epidemiologic data & risk factors for each condition discussed
- Evaluate signs & symptoms of each condition
- Apply initial treatment and management procedures
- Discuss expected return to play factors
- Explain what emergency action plan protocols should include to prepare for any of these emergency scenarios
Learn more Today!
Did you know that beginning in 2015 all Athletic Trainers are required to obtain at least 10 Evidence-based Practice continuing education units every 2 years?
Jones & Bartlett Learning, in conjunction with the Korey Stringer Institute, has developed a first-of-its-kind, engaging scenario-based online course to help you meet these new requirements.
Throughout the course, users are met with realistic, evidence-based emergency video scenarios, scenarios that any Athletic Trainer may encounter in their career. In each scenario, learners are asked to make important observations and decisions that would impact the health and safety of the athlete in question.
PRE-TEST: This self-test is comprised of 10-15 questions that measures the learners baseline knowledge of the material found within the course.
LEARN: There are seven (7) individual learning modules addressing how to recognize, prevent, react to such critical health topics as heat illness, brain injury, cardiac emergencies, asthma and more.
APPLY: There are seven (7) skills drills modules where the user can apply what they have learned and get feedback in a safe learning environment
VIDEO SCENARIOS: These twelve (12) video scenarios depict the most common emergency scenarios Athletic Trainers may be confronted with in the field, and look to the learner to assess and appropriately respond to each situation utilizing a decision tree approach. Just as an Athletic Trainer can’t predict what emergency may occur on any given day, users won’t know which emergency they will be faced with until they open the video and the clock starts ticking. Because in any emergency situation – time matters.
FINAL EXAM: This graded exam consists of 50 questions covering all learning modules. EBP CEUs are awarded for those who pass the exam.
EMERGENCY TOPICS COVERED INCLUDE:
- Heat Illness (this covers heat stroke and heat exhaustion)
- Brain Injury (includes hematoma)
- Cardiac Emergency
- Exertional Sickling (includes Muscle cramping)
- Emergency Action Plans