Elementary Information Security is certified to comply fully with the NSTISSI 4011: the federal training standard for information security professionals.
Each new print copy includes Navigate 2 Advantage Access that unlocks a comprehensive and interactive eBook, student practice activities and assessments, a full suite of instructor resources, and learning analytics reporting tools.
An ideal text for introductory information security courses, the second edition of Elementary Information Security provides a comprehensive yet easy-to-understand introduction to the complex world of cybersecurity and technology. Thoroughly updated with recently reported cybersecurity incidents, this essential text enables students to gain direct experience by analyzing security problems and practicing simulated security activities. Emphasizing learning through experience, Elementary Information Security, Second Edition addresses technologies and cryptographic topics progressing from individual computers to more complex Internet-based systems.
With Navigate 2, technology and content combine to expand the reach of your classroom. Whether you teach an online, hybrid, or traditional classroom-based course, Navigate 2 delivers unbeatable value. Experience Navigate 2 today at www.jblnavigate.com/2
Features & Benefits
- Access to Navigate 2 online learning materials including a comprehensive and interactive eBook, student practice activities and assessments, learning analytics reporting tools, and more
- Use of the nationally recognized NIST Risk Management Framework to illustrate the cybersecurity process
- Comprehensive coverage and full compliance of all topics required for U.S. government courseware certification NSTISSI 4011
- Presents security issues through simple business-oriented case studies to make cybersecurity technology and problem-solving interesting and relevant
- Provides tutorial material on the computing technologies that underlie the security problems and solutions
- Available in our customizable PUBLISH platform
Ideal for the second-year undergraduate college or university course in Information Security. This course can be found in various departments including Computer Science, Information Technology, Criminology, and Forensics.
Chapter 1 Security From the Ground Up
Chapter 2 Controlling a Computer
Chapter 3 Controlling Files
Chapter 4 Sharing Files
Chapter 5 Storing Files
Chapter 6 Authenticating People
Chapter 7 Encrypting Files
Chapter 8 Secret and Public Keys
Chapter 9 Encrypting Volumes
Chapter 10 Connecting Computers
Chapter 11 Networks of Networks
Chapter 12 End-to-End Networking
Chapter 13 Enterprise Computing
Chapter 14 Network Encryption
Chapter 15 Internet Services and Email
Chapter 16 The World Wide Web
Chapter 17 Governments and Secrecy
Richard E. Smith, PhD
Dr. Rick Smith, Ph.D., CISSP, is a writer, educator, and consultant who operates the Cryptosmith consulting practice. Dr. Smith has over 30 years of experience with computing systems, half of which has focused on information security. Dr. Smith also teaches at the University of St. Thomas (Minnesota) and has taught at the University of Minnesota and Boston University.
Additional Titles by this Author
- ISBN-13: 9781284071269
- ISBN-13: 9781284108385
- ISBN-13: 9781284108378