This Student Workbook contains exercises to reinforce what you will learn in both Emergency Care and Transportation of the Sick and Injured, Tenth Edition and the classroom. The exercises cover the new National EMS Education Standards and are designed to test your general knowledge, encourage critical thinking, and aid comprehension of assessment and treatment skills. Each chapter includes a variety of exercises to reinforce material learned, including:
- Multiple Choice—Numerous multiple-choice questions prepare you for examinations.
- Ambulance Calls—Scenarios help you develop your decision-making skills by describing emergencies and challenging you to come up with solutions.
- Fill-in-the-Patient Care Report—Gain practical experience filling in patient care reports based on detailed scenarios.
- Skill Drills—Test your skills with photo jumbles and caption fill-ins.
- Labeling—Reinforce your mastery of difficult concepts with illustration and photo labeling activities.
- And more—True/false, matching, short answer, fill-in-the-blank, and fill-in-the-table activities cover the topics presented throughout the chapter.
Page references to Emergency Care and Transportation of the Sick and Injured, Tenth Edition are provided for every question in the Student Workbook. Perforated pages make it easier for you to hand in homework assignments.
American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
With more than 38,000 members, the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (aaos.org or orthoinfo.org), is the premier not-for-profit organization that provides education programs for orthopaedic surgeons and allied health professionals, champions the interests of patients and advances the highest quality of musculoskeletal health. Orthopaedic surgeons and the Academy are the authoritative sources of information for patients and the general public on musculoskeletal conditions, treatments and related issues.
More than one in four Americans have bone or joint health problems, making them the greatest cause of lost work days in the U.S. When orthopaedic surgeons restore mobility and reduce pain, they help people get back to work and to independent, productive lives. Orthopaedic surgeons keep this “Nation in Motion.” To learn more about A Nation in Motion campaign, or to read hundreds of patient stories or to submit your own story, visit ANationInMotion.org.
Additional Titles by this Author
- ISBN-13: 9781284120080
- ISBN-13: 9781284185614
- ISBN-13: 9781284040968