AutoCAD® is the premier PC-based drafting tool that has been used by millions of engineers, draftsmen, project managers, and engineering students since its inception in 1982. AutoCAD® 2011 3D Modeling Essentials provides new and seasoned users with simple, step-by-step procedures on creating and modifying 3D models, setting up cameras and lights, assigning materials to objects, rendering, and printing. Use the accompanying DVD to set up drawing exercises, view all of the book's figures in full color, and draw with a trial version of AutoCAD 2011. Forty-five exercises (mini-projects) throughout the book simulate the creation of a full real-world project from concept to completion, without overlooking any of the fundamental commands and functions of AutoCAD® 2011.
Did you purchase an ebook version? Look to the Samples tab below to find the files contained on the DVD that accompanies the printed text.
Features & Benefits
• Designed for novice users of AutoCAD 2011, this book does not require that you have previous CAD experience.
• Includes 50 exercises (mini-projects) integrated throughout that allow you to quickly implement what you have learned
• Provides four comprehensive and independent, "workshop" projects that reinforce concepts learned within the chapters
• Includes step-by-step instructions for constructing wire-frame models and using the 3D Printing tools, the new Free-Form design, Z-Space tools, Solid Modeling, Animation, and more
• Provides both English and metric units in examples, exercises, projects and descriptions
• Includes instructor's resources, with Microsoft® PowerPoint® slides and solution files to completed projects and exercises