Instructor Resources: Instructor's Manual, PowerPoints, TestBank
Given the many new advances in technology, the changing economy, and a renewed national discussion around universal health care, today’s healthcare administrators require a strong foundation in practice-based ethics to confront the challenges of the current healthcare landscape.
Ethics in Health Administration, Second Edition translates the principles and practice of ethics into usable information for application to the real world of healthcare administration and the critical issues faced by today’s healthcare administrators.
With a new emphasis on the ethical challenges of providing quality care in today’s economy, the Second Edition is a thorough revision that includes new case studies as well as new information on patient-centered care, the future workforce, the culture of compassion, and more.
- Thoroughly updated chapters as well as a new chapter, The Ethics of Quality, make this text relevant to the issues facing today’s healthcare administrator.
- Fictional cases based on real-world events help to emphasize chapter content and create interest for the learner.
- Each chapter includes points to ponder, summary statements, Web sites, and additional resources to further enhance learning.
- The author’s reader-friendly writing style easily engages students while challenging them to think critically.
New to the Second Edition:
- NEW Web site links and resources
- NEW Case Study: The Case of the Valiant Skateboarder
- NEW Case Study: The Case of the Techno Ankle
- NEW chapter: The Ethics of Quality
- NEW Instructor’s Manual that includes:
- Sample syllabus for both weekly and twice a week course offering
- Classroom-tested activities for each session
- Examination materials.
- A student guide with additional learning resources.
Download a complete Transition Guide.
Section I Foundations for Ethics
Chapter 1 Practical Theory
Chapter 2 Autonomy
Chapter 3 Nonmaleficence and Beneficence
Chapter 4 Justice
Section II External Influences on Ethics
Chapter 5 Quis Custodiet Ispos Custodes?
Chapter 6 Market Forces and Ethics
Chapter 7 Social Responsibility and Ethics
Chapter 8 Technology and Ethics
Section III Organizational Influences on Ethics
Chapter 9 No Mission No Margin: Fiscal Responsibility
Chapter 10 Organization Culture and Ethics
Chapter 11 The Ethics of Quality
Chapter 12 Patient Issues and Ethics
Section IV The Inner Circle of Ethics
Chapter 13 Moral Integrity
Chapter 14 Codes of Ethics and Administrative Practice
Chapter 15 Practicing as an Ethical Administrator
Chapter 16 Where Do We Go From Here?
Eileen E. Morrison, EdD, MPH, CHES-Professor, Health Administration, Texas State University, San Marcos
Dr. Eileen Morrison is a graduate of Vanderbilt University where she earned her doctorate in counseling and administration. She also holds a MPH from the University of Tennessee. She has developed and taught courses in health administration ethics to both undergraduate and graduate students and has been active in educating professionals through workshops and journal articles. Currently, she is an associate professor of health administration at Texas State University in San Marcos Texas.
Additional Titles by this Author
- ISBN-13: 9781449665050
- ISBN-13: 9781449665357
- ISBN-13: 9780763745264