Available with WebAssign!
Appropriate for the third semester in the college calculus sequence, the Fourth Edition of Multivarible Calculus maintains the student-friendly writing style and robust exercises and problem sets that Dennis G. Zill is famous for. Ideal as a follow-up companion to Zill's first volume, or as a stand alone text, this exceptional revision presents the topics typically covered in the traditional third course, including Vector-Valued Functions, Differential Calculus of Functions of Several Variables, Integral Calculus of Functions of Several Variables, Vector Integral Calculus, and an Introduction to Differential Equations.
Click Here to learn more about WebAssign and View a Sample Assignment
*Please note the WebAssign component for the full book, Calculus: Early Transcendentals, will be used with the split volumes, Single Variable Calculus: Early Transcendentals and Multivariable Calculus.
Features & Benefits
- Available with WebAssign
- Includes a balance of skill and concepts in the exercises that are at a graded level of difficulty.
- Each exercise set is clearly partitioned into groups of problems using headings such as Fundamentals, Applications, Mathematical Models, Projects, Calculator/CAS Problems, etc
- Each chapter opens with its own table of contents and an introduction to the material covered in the chapter.
- The text ends with Resource Pages, which is a compact review of basic concepts from algebra, geometry, trigonometry, and calculus.
- Many of the topics cover in the Resources Page are discussed in greater depth in the Student Resources Guide.
- The Test Yourself section is a self-test consisting of 56 questions on four broad areas of precalculus, and encourages students to review the more essential prerequisite subjects that are used throughout the text.
- Notes from the Classroom sections are informal discussions that are aimed at the student and discuss common algebraic, procedural, and notational errors, as well as provide advice and questions asking students to think about and extend upon the ideas just presented.
- Instructor's resources include a complete solutions manual and test items.
- Introduces calculus concepts and topics in a clear concise manner for maximum student retention.
- Straightforward exposition at a level accessible to today’s college students.
- Includes examples and applications ideal for science and engineering students.
- Concise reasoning behind every calculus concept is presented.
Appropriate for the third term of the traditional 3-term calculus sequence.
Chapter 9 Sequences and Series
Chapter 10 Conics and Polar Coordinates
Chapter 11 Vectors and 3-Space
Chapter 12 Vector-Valued Functions
Chapter 13 Partial Derivatives
Chapter 14 Multiple Integrals
Chapter 15 Vector Integral Calculus
Chapter 16 Higher-Order Differential Equations
Answers to Selected Odd-Numbered Problems
End Sheets Resource Pages
Dennis G. Zill-Loyola Marymount University
Dennis Zill received a PhD in Applied Mathematics from Iowa State University, and is a former professor of Mathematics at Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles, Loras College in Iowa, and California Polytechnic State University. He is also the former chair of the Mathematics department at Loyola Marymount University, where he currently holds a rank as Professor Emeritus of Mathematics. Zill holds interests in astronomy, modern literature, music, golf, and good wine, while his research interests include Special Functions, Differential Equations, Integral Transformations, and Complex Analysis.
Additional Titles by this Author
- ISBN-13: 9781284105902
- ISBN-13: 9781284106312
- ISBN-13: 9781284321111
Warren S. Wright-Loyola Marymount University
Warren S. Wright received his M.A. in mathematics from the University of Southern California and is currently professor of mathematics at Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles. Wright has previously coauthored two textbooks with Dennis Zill and has authored numerous solutions manuals to accompany Zill's texts.
Additional Titles by this Author
- ISBN-13: 9781284021448
- ISBN-13: 9781284020991
- ISBN-13: 9781449691585