Sport Marketing:Managing the Exchange Process presents cutting edge conceptual and empirical approaches for managers to manage relationships with consumers. The central theme of the book is the sport marketing exchange, because this process is fundamental to marketing and can be used to highlight the challenges and opportunities faced by the sport marketer. The authors challenge students, researchers, and managers in sport marketing to embrace current marketing tools that are being employed by marketers in other industry sectors. Several recent marketing techniques are discussed and illustrated within the sport context.
Features & Benefits
- A unique collection of topics on the discipline of sport marketing helps sport marketers be more effective in managing their relationships with consumers.
- Topics include fan identification, measuring participant and spectator motivations; brand equity, databases, niche marketing, four new segmentation approaches, service quality, sport sponsorship, personality matching, and Internet marketing.
- Diverse aspects of the sport experience and advances from business literature are integrated throughout the text to provide tools and frameworks to better understand the sport marketing exchange process.
- Overarching theoretical framework adds structure so students can easily understand the big picture.
- Sport Marketing
- Sport Policy
- Sport Management
1. Reframing the Sport Marketing Exchange Process
2. Fan Identification
3. Motivations of the Sport Consumer
4. Evaluating the Impact of Winning and Brand Management
5. Utilizing the Customer Database
6. Managing Niche Markets
7. Sport-Based Segmentation Models
8. Measuring Service Quality
9. Sport Sponsorship Personality Matching
10. Sport Marketing and the Internet
George R. Milne-University of Massachusetts, Amherst, Massachusetts
Additional Titles by this Author
- ISBN-13: 9780763708634
Mark A McDonald, PhD-Associate Professor, Department of Sport Management, Isenberg School of Management, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, Massachusetts