Companion CD included with all the featured third-party plug-ins and more!
Character design, modeling, and texturing are the fundamental building blocks of character animation. LightWave 3D  Cartoon Character Creation Volume 1: Modeling & Texturing includes both general theory and comprehensive tutorials for every aspect of modeling and texturing 3D characters. Learn how, why, and when to use the most efficient techniques so you can have fun creating your own fantastic 3D characters.
- Find out how to configure LightWave 3D for character creation, and learn the necessary steps of the character concept, design, and planning stages.
- Discover multiple methods for modeling characters and clothing using subdivision patches.
- Understand the techniques for creating complex UV mapping.
- Learn about surface attributes and surfacing characters.
- Enhance the appearance of your characters through the use of gradients and procedural textures.
- Explore a variety of techniques for creating image maps and applying them to your characters.
Features & Benefits
Includes a bonus complete introduction to character creation, including tutorials for modeling, surfacing, creating morphs for, and rigging Morfi the alien.
ON THE CD:
- All the files used in the tutorials with completed examples, including rendered movies
- All the featured third-party plug-ins and demo versions of commercial plug-ins
- Additional character models for you to learn from and practice with
- All the figures in the book in full color
Jonny Gorden-Zero Gravity Entertainment
Jonny Gorden has been a professional animator since 1990 and is considered one of the industry's leading character designers. In 1997 Jonny formed the production company Zero Gravity Entertainment, which created X-Men: The Ravages of Apocalypse, one of the first 3D games to exclusively use LightWave 3D. Through Zero Gravity Entertainment, Jonny continues to produce 3D animation for clients around the globe and develop new and exciting techniques for character animation.