Navigate 2 Advantage Access for Android App Development is a digital-only Access Code that unlocks a comprehensive and interactive eBook, student practice activities and assessments, a full suite of instructor resources, and learning analytics reporting system.
Using innovative, engaging methods, Android App Development cultivates student knowledge of app development through a progressive, building block approach. Each chapter includes a classroom-friendly, meaningful app that illustrates the concepts covered at the chapter level. Model View Controller architecture is used throughout the book to promote good software engineering practice. Students will be engaged by essential as well as specialized topics such as XML resources, event-driven programming, animation, sounds, making a game, voice recognition, and more.
Features & Benefits
• Android Studio, the official development environment by Google, is used to develop all applications
• The Model View Controller architecture is used throughout the book, allowing the instructor to download the Model and concentrate on the View and Controller elements of the app
• Students learn how to make device-independent apps using a progressive approach, incorporating fun topics such as animation, sounds, photo editing, using the GPS, displaying a map, and advertising
• Software Engineering and Common Error boxes highlight software engineering tips and common errors throughout each chapter
• Chapters are written independently of others so that instructors can select topics and customize the book to their course
• Each chapter concludes with exercises for student practice, including Multiple Choice, Fill In the Code, and Write an App exercises
Android App Development
Mobile Programming using Android
Hervé J. Franceschi-Loyola University Maryland
Hervé Franceschi has a mathematics and computer science background with extensive teaching experience. He likes to assign exercises and problems from a variety of angles, as well as an occasional group project where students can develop communication skills in addition to working on more complex projects. In addition to his teaching duties, Mr. Franceschi has developed a full set of browser-enabled, user interactive, shockwave movies for the CS1 curriculum and part of the CS2 curriculum. He holds an MS in Engineering Management from Stanford University and an MS in Computer Science from University of Maryland Baltimore County.
Additional Titles by this Author
- ISBN-13: 9781284092127
- ISBN-13: 9781284045314
- ISBN-13: 9781284057362