Navigate 2 Advantage Access for Elementary Information Security, Second Edition is a digital-only Access Code that unlocks a comprehensive and interactive eBook, student practice activities and assessments, a full suite of instructor resources, and learning analytics reporting system.
An ideal text for introductory information security courses, the second edition of Elementary Information Security provides a comprehensive yet easy-to-understand introduction to the complex world of cybersecurity and technology. Thoroughly updated with recently reported cybersecurity incidents, this essential text enables students to gain direct experience by analyzing security problems and practicing simulated security activities. Emphasizing learning through experience, Elementary Information Security, Second Edition addresses technologies and cryptographic topics progressing from individual computers to more complex Internet-based systems.
With Navigate 2, technology and content combine to expand the reach of your classroom. Whether you teach an online, hybrid, or traditional classroom-based course, Navigate 2 delivers unbeatable value. Experience Navigate 2 today at www.jblnavigate.com/2
Features & Benefits
- Access to Navigate 2 online learning materials including a comprehensive and interactive eBook, student practice activities and assessments, learning analytics reporting tools, and more
- Use of the nationally recognized NIST Risk Management Framework to illustrate the cybersecurity process
- Comprehensive coverage and full compliance of all topics required for U.S. government courseware certification NSTISSI 4011
- Presents security issues through simple business-oriented case studies to make cybersecurity technology and problem-solving interesting and relevant
- Provides tutorial material on the computing technologies that underlie the security problems and solutions
- Available in our customizable PUBLISH platform
Ideal for the second-year undergraduate college or university course in Information Security. This course can be found in various departments including Computer Science, Information Technology, Criminology, and Forensics.
Richard E. Smith, PhD
Dr. Rick Smith, Ph.D., CISSP, is a writer, educator, and consultant who operates the Cryptosmith consulting practice. Dr. Smith has over 30 years of experience with computing systems, half of which has focused on information security. Dr. Smith also teaches at the University of St. Thomas (Minnesota) and has taught at the University of Minnesota and Boston University.
Additional Titles by this Author
- ISBN-13: 9781284055931
- ISBN-13: 9781284108385
- ISBN-13: 9781284108378