This textbook is packaged with Navigate 2 Preferred Access that unlocks Navigate 2 TestPrep: Fire Officer I & II, a complete eBook, Study Center, homework and Assessment Center, and a dashboard that reports actionable data. Experience Navigate 2 today at www.jblnavigate.com/2.
The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) are pleased to bring you the Enhanced Third Edition of Fire Officer: Principles and Practice, the next step in the evolution of Fire Officer I and II training. Covering the entire spectrum of the 2014 Edition of NFPA 1021: Standard for Fire Officer Professional Qualifications, the Enhanced Third Edition includes the following updates:
- Separation of Fire Officer I and II Level content throughout the textbook and student, instructor, and technology resources.
- The latest developments in social media and media relations; NIST research on fire dynamics; fire fighter safety and health issues; and fireground accountability and rapid intervention practices.
- A reorganization of chapters to improve course delivery, including a new chapter on Rules of Engagement.
- New end-of-chapter tools, including Fire Captain (Fire Officer II) activities and comprehensive case studies that progress within each chapter throughout the textbook.
- All new Voices of Experience essays and Near-Miss Reports.
- Addresses the course objectives for FESHE's Principles of Fire and Emergency Service Administration model curriculum.
Build the next generation of great fire service leaders with Fire Officer: Principles and Practice, Enhanced Third Edition.
International Association of Fire Chiefs
Established in 1873, the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) is a powerful, professional membership organization of more than 12,600 chief fire and emergency officers. The mission of the IAFC is to provide leadership to career and volunteer chiefs, chief fire officers, and managers of emergency service organizations throughout the international community through vision, information, education, services, and representation to enhance their professionalism and capabilities. Members of the IAFC are the world’s leading experts in fire fighting, emergency medical services, terrorism response, hazardous materials spills, natural disasters, search and rescue, and public safety legislation.
Additional Titles by this Author
- ISBN-13: 9781284098228
- ISBN-13: 9781284348248
- ISBN-13: 9781284131574
National Fire Protection Association
The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) has been a worldwide leader in providing fire, building, electrical, and life safety to the public since 1896. The mission of the international nonprofit organization is to reduce the worldwide burden for fire and other hazards on the quality of life by providing and advocating scientifically-based consensus codes and standards, research, training, and education. Developer of the National Electrical Code®, and 300 other codes and standards through a full, open-consensus process, NFPA also produces educational curricula, including the Risk Watch® community-based injury prevention curriculum and the Learn Not to Burn® fire safety curriculum. NFPA headquarters is in Quincy, Massachusetts.
Additional Titles by this Author
- ISBN-13: 9781449690786
- ISBN-13: 9781284038422
- ISBN-13: 9781284131512