The only resource of its kind!
Pharmacy Rx Trainer is an affordable, user-friendly online training program, complete with an accompanying Pharmacy Rx Trainer Student Workbook for pharmacy technician students. Even if your students have never worked in pharmacy, it's easy for them to understand! This program takes students through the process of entering in patient information, fulfilling prescriptions, and creating prescription labels. Now, instructors can run their lab sessions like a real pharmacy by providing the resource to help their students learn to handle real-life pharmacy situations with this realistic database. This software provides "real-world" hands-on manipulation that enables students to:
- use commonly used drugs and codes pre-entered into the software, or input their own!
- input prescriptions
- practice using common abbreviations
- practice brand and generic name recognition
- work with outpatient, inpatient and unit dose labeling capabilities
- utilize patient profiles
- print and label bottles and prescription labels
The Pharmacy Rx Trainer Student Workbook accompanies the Pharmacy Rx Trainer online program. This workbook makes the learning process comprehensive, as students apply what they've learned in the online training program to the activities in the workbook. This workbook will provide your students with the practical skills they need for their future careers as pharmacy technicians.
The invaluable features of this workbook include:
- Important terminology, abbreviations, conversions, and drug indexes
- Translating exercises and riddle clues
- Fill-in-the-blank and short answer exercises
- Sample patient profiles
- The crucial components of a prescription
- "What is missing" activities
- DEA exercises
- Writing prescriptions and prescription label problems
- Important information on refill requests, insurance, telephone etiquette, medical administration records, ethics, HIV, descrimination at work, and more
- Necessary checklists
- Ethical case studies
- Pharmacy technician law review and activities
- Prescription samples
- and more!
Bulk discounts are available for course adoption!
For a FREE Trial, please contact your Account Specialist.
Click on Additional Resources to view the PowerPoint Preview.
Contact your Account Specialist to order individual products separately.
Christie E. Martin, MSM, CPhT
Additional Titles by this Author
- ISBN-13: 9780763760328
Frederico Lopez, CPhT-VP, Sterile Solutions